1. This contract is for the hire of holiday/vacation accommodation by the persons named below only [the Hirer(s)] and for the period specified below only and is under French jurisdiction. The Hirers are responsible for making their own travel arrangements and must take out their own comprehensive travel/holiday insurance. It is a condition of booking as stipulated by the EU Travel Directive. Important: Your Insurance must include third party/personal liability. (This does not apply to visitors from North America)
2. The Hirers accept that the accommodation Owners, their Agents or Employees shall not be held responsible or liable for any accident or injury to any members of the party or visitors, howsoever caused, nor for loss or damage to any personal goods or property, howsoever caused. Children MUST be supervised at all times.
3. The Owners are relieved from liabilities if the accommodation should become unavailable for any unforeseen circumstances. In this event a refund may be made up to the maximum rental fee paid by the Hirers and every assistance will be given to secure alternative accommodation for you.
4.Under any circumstances, the Owner’s maximum liability will be limited to the amount of rent paid by the Hirers.
5. It is the Hirers responsibility to satisfy themselves that the style, type, standard and location of the accommodation suits their purposes. All information is on this website and includes subjective opinion. The Hirers and the Owners are not permitted to take any action or publish anything which could reflect negatively upon the reputation, or standing of either party. French Regulations and standards apply. If you should have any specific questions or special requirements not covered on this website, please email email@example.com
6. Hirers are responsible and liable for all damage or breakages during their stay, whether accidental or negligent and are required to replace or pay for damage/breakages. We ask you kindly to replace anything that gets broken or damaged and to respect the accommodation and all its contents for us and all future Hirers. If you are unable to replace an item for any reason, you must let us know immediately so that we can ensure that the next Hirers receive the full benefit of completely equipped accommodation, which of course, as you will appreciate, they rightfully deserve. Any necessary repairs, replacements, or any unexpected costs, etc. will be charged to you at cost only and we will give you all reasonable assistance for you to recover the cost from your Insurer, where appropriate.
7. If it is deemed by us in our reasonable opinion, or by any person in authority, that the behaviour of any member of your party, or person you invite to the accommodation, causes or would be likely to cause danger, distress, offence or upset to a third party or damage to the accommodation your holiday will be terminated immediately and the accommodation must be vacated at once, without recourse.
8. The Hirers must first seek the Owners written approval if they intend to throw a party, host a reception, entertain visitors or do professional or commercial business at the accommodation, or the Hirers will be in Breach of Contract. Such written approval will not be unreasonably withheld. Please note that pets are not allowed at the accommodation unless specifically agreed in writing. All of the accommodation is non-smoking but you may smoke outside.
9. Upon receipt by the Hirers all the keys to the accommodation become the Hirers responsibility at all times and must be returned to our caretaker before departure, or to us by an insured, to be signed for 'trackable' service immediately after your stay. The keys remain your responsibility until they are received back by us. N.B. The property must always be alarmed and fully locked when unattended.
10. The accommodation, which is self-catering, is available from 16.00 hours on the day of arrival and must be vacated in a clean, tidy and hygienic condition by 10.00 am on the day of departure.
You must remove all household waste before you leave. This is to enable the cleaners to prepare the property for the next Hirers. We reserve the right to make a surcharge if the accommodation requires more than the normal amount of time to clean and prepare for the next Hirers or if more than the normal amount of laundry is required to be done; or the next Hirers entry into the accommodation is delayed because it is not possible to commence cleaning by 10.00 am. All bed linen is supplied and towels are provided.The price for the accommodation includes electricity, water and gas charges (and heating should it ever be required), end-of-stay laundry charges, end-of-stay cleaning costs, all local charges and taxes, and wifi (we are not liable for any loss of wifi service).
11. A deposit of 30% of the total is payable upon booking. The balance must be paid 2 months prior to the holiday. A separate payment for the customary 'in case of damage' security bond of £1000 will become due once you have the villa keys. *This will be refunded to you in full after your holiday assuming that there are no unexpected damage(s) or associated or extra expenses incurred by the owner or his agents or employees as a result of your stay at the villa. An increased damage security bond may be required for longer duration rentals or where there is a maximum occupancy of the villa. Payments made on cancelled bookings are not returnable (except as noted in condition 3 above) but we will give you all reasonable assistance for you to recover your costs from your insurer where appropriate. Please kindly note that if payment in full is not received 2 months before the holiday, the booking will be deemed to have been cancelled and the villa will be re-let. Please make your own diary note as reminders are not sent.
12. Completion of the Booking Form above signifies acceptance of the Standard Booking Conditions. Written confirmation of bookings will normally be by return of post. Bookings are on a “first come first served” basis and are only firm once the deposit has been received by us and confirmation has been sent to you.